Making IMO 2
What is it?
Once you have a nice crop of IMO 1, we now want to put it in to stasis, to basically give it a shelf life so we are free to use it when we need it, and not make IMO 1 everytime we need it.
We use brown sugar as it will suck up all the avilable water, both from with in the rice and from the various life forms, causing them to incubate themselves.
Go ahead and watch Chris' video below to get a better understanding on what we are going to do next.
- From your IMO 1 extract all the good portions
- In a large container put equal amounts of IMO 1 and Brown Sugar, weigth for weight
- Gently mix until you have a moist mixture. This is the Brown Sugar aquiring the available water from the IMO 1
- Place this IMO 2 in to a small storage glass jar.
- Clean the lid (not insides)and outside with vingar to keep pests at bay.
- Add a cap of Brown sugar of the mixture appears wet. Expereice will tell how needed this is.
- Date and cap this jar with a paper towel
- Place in a dry cool location, away from sunlight
It will not hurt to have multiple goes at making IMO1, and from each batch make a container of IMO2
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_natural_farming Indigenous Micro Organisms.
Useful video on How to make IMO 2.