Making IMO 1
What is it?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_natural_farming Indigenous Micro Organisms.
How to Make IMO 1 and then IMO 2(Indigenous Microorganism):
- Cook around a kilo of rice, plain white rice is fine.It is only when you fail do you find what does not work! After cooling the rice, as if you were going to eat it, so not wet, put the cooked rice in an open container. If wodden, make it from untreated wood, with no paint or staining. Earthen or ceramic is also good but avoid plastic or aluminum.
- Cover the opening of the container completely with cloth. A fine curtian cloth would be best to let air flow. This is to avoid water, small insects or mice getting in to feast on your goodies.
- Put this covered container under some trees, in amoungst a bamboo grove, even on the forest floor, or wherever a thick mat of leaves has formed. Leave it there for three days to seven days, depending on your climite.
- What we are wanting is for a whitish mold filaments to form.
- This is IMO 1
- Once you have a good mold, like this picture, take this concoction and place in a large bowl or jar and add one kilo of brown sugar or molasses.
- Cover your jar with a clean cloth and a rubber band. Place your jar in a dark, cool place and let it ferment for seven days, until it appears muddy.
- This is IMO 2.
Useful video on How to make IMO 1 and then 2.